Joy

(the photo quality in the post is horrible, thanks to a small glitch in my phone)


Our hearts are full of thanksgiving as we celebrate the news of Lucy's scans last Friday.  While we still have to deal with the fluid sitting on the brain, we have been celebrating this weekend.  There's nothing like a country Christmas light extravaganza to put you in the holiday spirit!




After our Friday night lights celebration, Erik took the kids for a much anticipated shopping trip for yard decorations.  The Griswolds have just brought it to the neighborhood.  I apologize to all our neighbors, but nothing in the world could have traded the smiles and giggles we had once the reindeer went up.  I think I laughed for 10 minutes straight.  3 weeks worth of anxiety vanished with the help of some tacky yard art! (yes, it is 11 feet tall)



It was just that kind of weekend.  The kind that you never want to end.  The kind that doesn't come along often enough.  Tonight as I was rocking Jack to sleep, I found myself not being able to put him in his bed once he fell asleep.  I just needed to hold him a minute longer.  That minute turned into an awfully long time, but they were some of the most precious minutes in my day.


This morning in church was a pretty special time, too.


Merry CHRISTmas!  Oh, and P.S.  Someone lost her other tooth.  Cancer free and missing 2 teeth.  It doesn't get any better than this!


post signature