Unscripted


I had a totally different post planned for tonight, but I'm changing courses.  Tonight I just want to say that I am thankful.  So VERY thankful for my life.  Yeah, we have hard days and life isn't always easy around here, but my cup runneth over tonight.  My children are full of the Christmas spirit and it appears to be quite contagious.

As if our life isn't exciting enough, we've decided to spice things up a little.  Jack got a big boy bed this weekend.  It's a huge move for me.  He's my last baby and seeing that crib come down was very emotional. It was such a stark reminder that that season of my life is over.  While I'm sure that I don't want to travel down that road again it was hard really accepting the fact that it was over.  Poor Jack.  I think I've held him and kissed him more since the bed came down than I have his whole life.  Oh!  I love that kid.






We are also taking his bottle away.  I know, he's 2.  Don't judge.  We do things our own speed around here.  Wish us luck!  I'm also starting a 24 day weight loss challenge this Friday.  I'll keep you posted and let you know how it goes.  Yesterday I went to the Dr. and weighed.  I was NOT happy.  I've got a buddy to do this with so our plan is to keep each other accountable.  I'll keep you posted!

Here's a super sweet story.  When Jack went for his post-op and allergist check ups yesterday, I encouraged him to wait and let the ladies leave elevator before he ran out.  If I do nothing else in my baby boy's life I will teach him how to be courteous and use good manners.  As we were walking towards the main entrance he ran past the elderly ladies in front of me, almost knocking one of them down.  I was absolutely mortified and began apologizing incessantly.  We continued to speak as we made our way to the door and low and behold..if that baby boy wasn't running to get to the door so he could hold it open.  It was the most precious thing I have ever seen.  I was so proud and everyone around stopped to watch.  Now, if I can only teach him to not kill the ladies in the process of being a gentleman!



We are expecting someone very special to visit tonight.  A certain little girl is expecting a very big payout!




That is, if we could ever get these crazies to bed!


p.s.-  Lucy's scans are Friday.  We'd appreciate all the prayers you can offer.
post signature