Flu, Medicine or Exhaustion?

I'd like to think it was side effects from the Tamiflu that I am taking, but apparently after reading the official website I have only sheer exhaustion to blame for what ails me.  In reality, I have nothing to complain about. However, this is my blog so I can.

I am tired.  Very, very tired.  My body is sore and I have had a headache for a week straight.  My laundry is sky high, my house is a wreck and I haven't even thought about Halloween costumes for my children.  I went to the grocery today, after my husband and I have eaten oatmeal for what seems to the be the past 4 meals.  Yesterday I sorted through more than 500 t-shirts and I am OVER it!  School shirts, Pumpkin Run shirts.  Geez! This is just a glimpse of what my house looked like yesterday:



I can at least happily report that Jack is home from the hospital and is recovering nicely.  He has a nasty pneumonia cough that will apparently stick around for a while and we are still doing breathing treatments around the clock, but other than he is improving.  It was hard being back in the ER; lots of terrible memories flooded my brain while we were there.  I even found myself thinking irrational thoughts like "what if Jack has a tumor in his lungs making it hard for him to breath."  Look, when you have walked down the road we have been on you can't help but the think those things.

When the ER doc came in and told us that Jack may have something like RSV or Pneumonia, I just laughed under my breath and thought "bring it on."  I ran into one of our favorite Oncologists at the race Saturday morning and he said I needed a shirt that said "It's Just Pneumonia."  Seriously, we got this!

Here are some pictures of my sweet boy's first hospital stay.  I am praying it's his last.






post signature