Pinterest Recipes--Passed!

So far this week, despite the sinus infection and mind-numbing headache that doesn't seem to want to leave me, I tried three new Pinterest recipes.  I wanted to share them with you because, if you are like me, I am always looking for a way to get out of the cooking rut.

(just click the picture or the underlined website and it will take you right to the recipe!)

Tonight I made this wonderful ham.  This recipe stood out to me for 2 reasons.  1.  It cooks in the crock pot.  2.  It called for 3 cups of brown sugar.  Seriously?!  Who doesn't love brown sugar?  My hidden secret is that when I'm craving something sweet, and since I can't eat most sweet things because they contain gluten, I go to the pantry and sneak a spoon full of brown sugar.  It always satisfies my sweet tooth!

Photo courtesy of www.crockingirls.com


post signature
My coffee morning with the girls has been moved to Monday and this week I was the host.  I felt horrible Sunday night but I was determined to have something sweet for us to have with my coffee.   Before my maternal grandmother passed away she would say "Now Nancy (my mom), what are we having with our coffee?"  So, I'm a firm believer in always having something sweet to offer with coffee.  I made this pumpkin cheesecake and it was wonderful!  I have to tell you that I have a super fancy recipe for real pumpkin cheesecake that I stole from my sister and it is absolutely out of this world.  It's the real deal cheesecake made in a spring form pan and everything.  I just wasn't up to it Sunday so I tried this recipe that I found on Pinterest.  I will admit that it wasn't as good as the real thing, but it was still really yummy.

photo courtesy of www.Kraftbrands.com

To further prove that I'm a glutton for punishment, my friend Cissy stopped by this morning to let Tip and Jack play.  Of course I knew that coffee would be involved and I knew we had eaten all of the pumpkin cheesecake last night for Jack's birthday.  So, what else was I to do?  Jack and I quickly made a batch of these No Bake Nutella Peanut Butter Cookies.  They were wonderful and gluten free!

photo courtesy of www.thekitchn.com
Disclaimer..I almost never take pictures of my cooking.  I'll be the first to admit that neither my cookies nor my ham looked like what you see in the picture.  However, they sure tasted great.  And isn't that all that matters in the end?