13 Ounces

(keep reading for a fun offer at the bottom of the page)

What is the craziest thing you have ever gotten in the mail?  I'm not talking about in a package.  I'm talking about a thing in the mail.  Not following me?  Take a look at these two items that arrived recently for Lucy.




Both were delivered just like they are.  With a stamp and the address right on them.  Isn't that crazy?  Well, I was curious about how someone could actually do this and I stumbled across this blog.  She is a lady that chronicles the things that weigh less than 13 ounces she mails to people.  I wish I knew who originated this idea because I'd love to give them credit.  If you Google 13 ounces or less you will come up with some really cute ideas.  Isn't this so much fun?

If you have mailed anything interesting like this I'd love to know.

On a totally unrelated front, I am applying for 501(c)3 status for the Go Lucy Go Foundation.  I am so excited to be sharing this news!  This means that once we have our tax id number any contributions you guys make for holiday meals and other St. Jude/LeBonheur activities will be tax deductible.  This is a huge step for us as a family and as an organization.  I hope to get started on a website soon, but I'm already in over my head by just typing the word website!

Night time around our house has begun to take on a much desired, long anticipated routine.  Dinner, homework, bath, bed.  What a sweet respite from the past 19 months.  I am so grateful to have this mundane-ness in my life right now.  Here is a sneak peak into our night:





My sweet friend Jennisa from Once Upon a Blog is extending a special offer to you guys.  She is offering $10 off a custom package.  Her blogs rock and she is so wonderful to work with!  All you have to do is enter the code BACK2SCHOOL in the contact form! (I don't get any kick backs from this.)



post signature