Scenes from a Hospital



I don't know what to say.  There are no words that could begin to describe the state of awe that we continue to live in.  One week ago today I held my dying child, planning her funeral.  I had picked out the white dress she would be buried in.  I had arranged for Jack and Ella to have a nice outfit to wear.  I had begun to make a list of the songs that would be sung and the special things about Lucy that would be mentioned in her eulogy.  I had ordered a portrait of Lucy to be displayed by her closed casket.  Erik and I had called to arrange for 3 plots at the local cemetery.  I know this is a bit morbid, but I need to remember just how serious this situation was.

Lucy when her eyes were still not focusing

Please don't get me wrong, the situation is still serious here.  But oh my!  God continues to bless sweet Lucy with improved health, brain function and unbridled determination.  There are no words.

Doing a little fishing in PT

What's happening in Lucy's life is miraculous.  I am grateful for the amazing team of doctors, nurses and therapists we have been blessed with, but I know where the true glory is to be given.  It's the same place I was willing to give glory even if the tables had turned the other way.  The reality is, the tables can still turn at any time.  But right now we are full throttle to recovery from this horrible virus/bacteria that tried with all its might to take my daughter's life.
Would you look at these cheeks?  High dose steroids are good for something!

Have I mentioned that I am walking on sunshine right now?  God is good.  He really is so very merciful to those of us who are so unworthy.  I have no idea what the next few weeks/months will bring.  Actually, I have no idea what tomorrow will bring. What I do know is that our family has been given a gift.  We have been given another shot at life with our family.  I'm not sure what God has in store for us, but I pray that this time I am willing to listen and obey.
Lucy and Miss Cissy, our friend and Lucy's tutor

Lucy and her Aunt Ro (my sister)

 I am uploading the videos of Lucy's recent PT sessions to You Tube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sKvzaszW4_A&feature=youtu.be

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aEqenWUS68U&feature=youtu.be

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=olDstmiQ2CM&feature=youtu.be

We are once again trying to juggle long days in the hospital with making sure Ella and Jack feel safe and loved.  Erik's parents have picked up and "moved" to town once again.  My mom has stepped into the role of hospital coordinator again.  My sweet Dad is working so that our family business doesn't fall apart.  This is not the life that I ever wanted to live again.  This is not the summer I had been planning for.  I guess if there is one thing I've learned its that WE are not in control of anything.  Whether you believe in the God I pray to or not, we can all probably agree that as hard as we try we have no real control over our lives.  There is a greater plan in play that shapes us into who we are meant to become.  One trial and one triumph at a time.

Here are a few pictures of us trying to make life work.  I did go home last night to watch Ella at VBS parent's night.  It was agonizing leaving Lucy and Erik at the hospital and I didn't sleep a wink, but both Ella and Jack were thrilled that I was home.





I will never, ever be able to say thank you for all the prayers that have been sent above for Lucy and our family.  Please continue to pray for understanding for Ella, peace for Jack and most of all HEALING for Lucy.

post signature