Getting Settled in Atlanta


http://youtu.be/Xz0U9i5jgeQ  new You tube video


Well, we are here!  Children's Healthcare of Atlanta at Scottish Rite is where we will embark on our next big adventure.  We are getting settled into our new living quarters and will spend all weekend with doctors and therapists doing evaluations.  Hopefully by the first of the week we will get an idea of how long they think Lucy will need to be here.  I snapped a few pictures of us exploring the hospital yesterday and thought I'd share them.  The hospital is very strict about what I can photograph (which stinks) so I won't be able to have many "action" shots of Lucy working hard.  I'll try to update each day on her progress and include as many pictures as I can.  You may notice that Lucy is in a wheelchair.  Until she is a lot more steady on her feet, this will be her mode of transportation.  I'm not sure she really needs it, but its hospital policy.



Left to right 2nd row:
--Erik and Lucy at the putting green
--In the lobby there is a huge display that is interactive and educational.  I need to ask why, but all over this hospital is a fish theme.
--The Koi pond outside

Left to right bottom row:
--"The Zone" is an activity center with games, Wii, etc.  We haven't been yet, but we hear its really fun.
--In the garden picking blueberries

And just for my girls....

The gift shop is amazing and has more art supplies than imaginable.  However, I am making a trip to Hobby Lobby today because as much as we love Melissa and Doug I would go broke trying to keep up with Lucy's art addiction right now.  The picture below shows her diving in to her new stash.


All in all its been a good first 2 days here in Atlanta.  Thanks to two new friends, Christy and Stacy, we now know a couple of smiling faces around campus.  We were pretty spoiled at St. Jude.  Even on our first day we knew tons of people who worked there.  And at LeBonheur, well, they are all like family.  Thanks to all of you out there in Atlanta land who have come to know our family over the last 18 months I have lots of people to call on for help.  I can't tell you all how much I appreciate the emails that you have sent.  I have read them all, although I have not responded.  Please know that if we get into a bind, I will be contacting Fran, Gloria, Sarah B, Roel, Kristine, and the list goes on.  I am so humbled that so many of you would offer help to people you have never met.  I have to tell you, after a few weeks here a home cooked meal might be just the ticket.  But right now we are ok.  We are getting settled and are adjusting well.

Thank you for your continued prayers.  If I might ask, please add Elena to your prayer list.  She is my new friend Christy's daughter and she has had a relapse of a rare form of Leukemia.  I know they would really appreciate some extra prayer.

post signature