Tired



Honestly, I am so tired right now I can't even think of a title for this blog post.  How sad is that?  I got home from the hospital around 2:15 this morning and was up again by 6:00.  Let's just say that 3.5 hours of sleep does not make for a very patient or cheery mom.

My grandfather is doing better.  If there was ever a human with 9 lives it must be him.  He still has a ways to go, but he is better.  Tonight we took the girls down to visit him and when we arrived at the ICU they said you had to be 12 to go back.  With as much time as we've spent in hospitals you would think I would have thought of that.  I knew the girls would be devastated if they didn't get to see him, so I did what any good mother would do.  I begged and pleaded until the nurse finally agreed.  They were able to see him, love on him and give him the sweet pictures they had created for him.  They love their great-grandfather and they were so worried about him.  Especially Ella.  She cried herself to sleep last night.  This morning before she left for school she looked at me with that bottom lip quivering and started crying.  She said "Mommy, I don't want Paw Paw to leave us yet."  I don't either.


But as I held his hand tonight and we spoke, he bravely told me (through tears) that he never once prayed for healing.  He has prayed for God's will to be done.  My grandmother will tell you she has prayed for healing and I'm sure the rest of us have, too.  But not him.  He is a good man.  He is a Godly man.  I am thankful for the life he has lived.  I am proud he is my grandfather.  He is a strong man.  He is brave.  But he has a nasty cancer that is going to take his life sooner or later.

Tonight I am so thankful for the assurance we have through Jesus Christ that my grandfather will be embraced in the arms of heaven when he does leave this earth.  None of us are ready for that day.  I selfishly pray he has a few more years.  But if he doesn't, in his words, he has lived a wonderful 79 years and has so much to show for his time here on earth.  Most important to him is his relationship with Christ, his wife of 63 years and his family.  Our family is blessed in so many ways.  A Bible believing, God fearing patriarch and matriarch have been the foundation.

My grandfather is a good, honorable man.  I love him dearly.


post signature