One Year Ago

While the 23rd is the actual anniversary, one year ago today my life changed forever.  One year ago today I drove Lucy to Memphis for a "quick" doctor's visit.  By 2:00pm we were thrust into the depths of chaos, fear and confusion.  One year ago today OUR lives changed forever.  Not just mine, but the lives of Erik, Ella, Jack and mostly Lucy.  Our family, our old friends and the new friends we have made across the world through this blog.  We have all been changed.  Some days I know it's for the better and some days I still question.  A LOT.

This is not the post I have been wanting to write, but it's all I can do right this moment with Jack helping me.  It's time to get Lucy to OT and then our day of therapy, tutoring and trials begins.  I couldn't start the day without saying thank you to you all.  Thank you to all the ones who have showered our family and our Lucy with prayer every single day.  In all honesty, we still need it.  Many days are hard.  Most days I still worry.  And every day we need your prayers.

As we begin the Lenten season today, this day of such a sad anniversary, I know my moments will be spent in reflection about where we were, where we have been and where we are going.  Physically, mentally, emotionally and spiritually.  I am giving up Sonic for Lent.  (That's a whole other post in itself.)  I am also taking on the task or writing letters of thanks and/or encouragement to 40 people during the 40 days of Lent.  This was not my original idea, but I sure have a lot to be thankful for so it seemed like a great fit for me.

Today is the day.  The day that changed our lives forever.

post signature