No pictures.... Just a memory

Exactly one year ago today we spent the day riding 4 wheelers and Rangers with our closest friends. Afterwards we ate dinner at Nelson and Amanda's house. If I remember correctly we had burgers and hotdogs. Lucy was recovering from a stomach bug and
we had to leave early that night because she wasn't feeling well.

Tonight we had dinner at Nelson and Amanda's house. One year to the date. We ate hotdogs and burgers. No one even realized how significant today was. It was just another night to us. The way it should be. The way I pray it will be forever more.

But we did spend a few minutes in reflection about how much all of our loves have changed. We talked about the phone call that change all our lives forever. Sarah and Amanda were on a school bus together coming home from a field trip. Erik was at a lunch meeting. I was just a stay at home mom who was put out be because of an ongoing stomach bug.

Tonight as I type on my phone laying on bed I'm thinking about the medicine I just gave Lucy, the feeding tube I just cleaned and attached, the bald head I kissed goodnight and the 8 year old sleeping beside her; keeping watch as her baby sister sleeps.

This was not my life one year ago. My life was perfect one year ago.... or so I thought.

Our pastor talked this morning about the sifting process that God allows us to go through at times in our lives. He is sifting the useful parts of us from the worthless parts. He is purifying the finished product. While I know I am a long, long way from a finished product, I feel that this past year has begun to prepare me and our whole family for something so much greater than even our wildest imagination.

February 23rd is the day that we will always remember as Lucy's diagnosis day. So many memories are attached to this day. Horrible, painful memories.

But as I look back tonight I am reminded of the miracles that have been performed for Lucy and the grace that has been bestowed upon our family. As the road map of our lives is laid out before us it is evident that God has designed each step of our lives to perfectly fit within this huge master plan he has created for us.

It has been humbling to watch things fall into place in such a way that can not even be explained. Our lives are a masterpiece in the creation. I know this full well.

We are blessed. So very blessed.