Hurting Tonight

Tonight I write with the heaviest heart.  I can hardly breathe and the amount of pain I feel is so intense.  Our sweet friend, Justin (the one that Lucy has been with since day 1 of this journey) was taken by ambulance last night from East Tennessee to LeBonheur.  We had just arrived home from our own travels from East Tn when I got the phone call.  Kristie, his mother, was in the ambulance with him and they were headed my way.  Without a single thought I got right back in the truck and headed to Memphis.  I met her there and stayed until her family arrived 2 hours later. 

Justin has had an acute onset of tumor growth that led to sizable formations in his brain and bleeding there as well.  The family has chosen not to intervene with medicine, as the doctors have told them there is nothing they can do to help him.  He traveled back home tonight to be with his family and friends in his last days. 

I am asking you to pray for him and his family right now.  Honestly, I need you to.  I am so angry, hurt, confused, scared....I am finding it hard to put a prayer together.  All I keep saying  is "please God bring them peace."  As I hugged Kristie last night as she sat by Justin's side I thanked God for allowing me to be a part of their lives.  They are an amazing family and I have come to love Justin and Kristie so much.  I hurt for them as only a mom of a child with cancer can.  I want so desperately to make things better for them.  I know I can't and that hurts even more. 

Thank you for believing in the power of prayer.  Thank you in advance for your petitions on their behalf.

post signature